Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Colorado and the 4th of July

I do realize that I am almost two weeks behind on posting, but that's about how I roll.



Here are a few of our favorite moments from our trip to Colorado. We visited John's sister Joleen and had a blast with her family. Her kids always do a super job of keeping us entertained. We are so glad they were such good sports to hang out with us "old people" for a week.



We visited a butterfly museum and some of us tried our hand at this (I would not be one of those people, but check out my brave little entomologist!).




Others of us tried to stay cool in the humid "rain forest" filled with butterflies (the look on Tyler's face says it all).






We also did a bit of this at an amusement park up in the canyon:

(Notice Tyler giving the "thumbs up" sign with his pointer fingers).




And made sure to do plenty of this afterwards:





We also enjoyed beautiful scenes like this:









We made sure to make time for lots of goofing around:




(This is John and Jake making a Lego robot that was programmed to light the explosives located in the watermelon that was to explode for the fourth of July "cul de sac of fire"...So glad John has always found a partner in crime- Thanks Jake!)

Of course, we all had to try a bit of this:




Here is Tyler's version of Guitar Hero. He doesn't really know the difference between a guitar and a violin. If you look closely, you'll notice he's stroking his little fingers like a violin. Who knows maybe someday "air violin" will be all the rage.



John had a chance to go hiking with this handsome crew:



And he did the entire hike wearing a pink backpack with the name Jann embroidered on the pocket. Way to go Jann!



And of course, no Fourth of July would be complete without a bit of this:









Good times, good food, good fun! Thanks Joleen and family!

6 comments:

barterboutique said...

Your life rocks! Lots of fun, laughter, and family. You can't get better than that.

Emily said...

It looks like a really fun trip. Isaac is so excited about that train picture (is it a train? the thumbs (or pointers) up one?).

Jaimi said...

I think I've seen Tyler's dance moves somewhere before...that's right, definitely taking after his mama.(;

Arlene said...

Oh...home sweet home!! You were right in my old neighborhood at the Butterfly Pavillion. I've been wondering where you went and what you did. Did you go to Heritage Park? Thanks for sharing. Sorry we missed each other by a day. :(
(Where was John's hike?)

(Oh Jaimi-remember you and the big butt dance, or whatever that was?!?)

Chrissy said...

So cute! I felt like I was there in Colorado with you guys! (Soooo wish I was. Tyler is hilarious!) How come you don't look pregnant in any of your pictures????

Kristina said...

I want to come next time! Looks like you guys had an awesome time.