Saturday, August 30, 2008

8 months

My mom wanted to see a few pictures of my pregnancy, so here are a few belly shots for her and all the rest of the world to enjoy.

Things have been going fine. My doctor has me labeled as a "high risk" pregnancy, but that's only because of my infertility history. Apparently once my body gets pregnant, it knows just what to do. It's been nice though having a little extra face to face time with my doc as well as a few extra sonograms. I do enjoy seeing that little guy develop and grow. It's pretty crazy stuff!

As you can tell from the pictures, my belly hasn't really popped out there yet like I thought it would. No bowling ball tummy- just a big barrel or rather large humpty dumpty shape. There are some days when I really wish my tummy would just pop out and give me a little more room to, oh say...eat, breathe, and even bend a little (although, my posture is great because there is no room to slouch). My rib cage has expanded to about twice the size, I swear and some days I wonder if I'm going to break a rib (Bella Cullen can't be the only one, right...and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you seriously live in a cave). My ribs literally ache all the time.

But you know what? I'm still loving every minute of it. I LOVE feeling this little dude moving, nudging, bumping, and kicking- and watching it is even more interesting. I'm am simply fascinated by this process and even more fascinated that I get to experience it firsthand. I had come to terms with my infertility and I was actually at a point in my life where I felt I was okay even if I'd never get to experience the full measure of my creation. I was satisfied with becoming a mother through a different means. There would always be the longing and curiosity for what it would be like, but I was so thrilled when I became a mother that it really didn't matter to me how it happened. But how grateful I am for this unexpected experience. It isn't all wonderful and perfect and happy all the time...in fact it's down right uncomfortable most of the time, but at least I get to know that for myself. I get to live it, enjoy it, suffer it, and celebrate it.


Some days I feel like Sarah, Abraham's wife, after she finally conceived and bore Isaac she said, "God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." (Genesis 21:6)


Funny thing is that's exactly how I felt when I found out that Tyler was going to join our family, so in the end it really is no different. I am so grateful to have experienced this kind of joy in two very different ways.


(okay, so I'm one week shy of being eight months along, but 8 months sounds like a better title for a post than 7 and 3/4 months).

13 comments:

barterboutique said...

you don't look 8 months pregnant! you look like you're still in your first trimester! i'm so happy for you and the opportunity to have to experience pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

You are a gorgeous mommy. I love pregnant bellies...so beautiful.

I love how you related Sarah's joy to both your pregnancy & adoption story. That is such a lovely way to say!

Eat up! And, enjoy it all while you can...you will miss it, believe it or not...the kicks, hiccups, sonograms, big round belly.

Emily said...

You are so cute. I'm so happy for you.

Karrie said...

You look great! It's so fun hearing about your experience and your thoughts with all of this. I am glad you are doing well, maybe uncomfortable, but well. Take care of yourself!

Also I loved the Olympic Videos! Too funny!

Blogful said...

my babies always popped out sometime in the ninth month. You are a very cute prego momma. Bet Tyler loves to feel brother moving all over.

Hollie said...

You look so great, but if I was 8 months prego I'd be wishing for a big bump too because yours seems to not be there. I'm sure everyone tells you you look great and are barely showing and you just want to yell at them because you wish you were showing more. I'm so happy for you and am glad all is going well.

Kristi said...

I can't believe you are already 8 months along (well, 7 and 3/4). But then again, it always goes faster when you are not the pregnant one. You sure look cute!!

Chrissy said...

Wow! One HOT momma! I so wish I could be there with you- Mike said I could come when you have the baby????!!!! I guess I'll wait until Ladyhead gets her turn and your more ready to play. Miss you!

Brooke said...

How come my 8 months took way longer than yours? Can't believe how close you are! So exciting! I have to agree with Amy...you do miss the baby's movements and kicks after he is born but I always say it's even more fun to see him moving and kicking OUTSIDE of me! And your ribs will like it much better, too!

Becker Family said...

You're so cute... I'm so happy for you!

Becker Family said...

I just realized that someone else left the exact same comment I made! It must be true! :) I loved being pregnant too. You kind of miss it later, so enjoy!

Arlene said...

Finally! It stinks that you're so far away, though. Can't wait to see him on the outside, too. We have the same brain about some things. (you know what I mean)

Danalin said...

Love the belly. You are lookin' beautiful, lady! I have a bit of a bone to pick with someone...don't know who...but why is it that I look that pregnant at 4 and 5 months?! Darn this short little torso of mine. I always enjoy being pregnant until about this stage...then I am so done and ready to meet the little person. Cannot wait to "meet" your little man through this blog. Wish I lived close.