Thursday, November 6, 2008

Recipe for a Baby

Having been with this precious baby for 3 days, I decided to recreate the recipe that is Robby.

Base:
1 forehead -- John
2 eyes -- Carrie
1 tongue-- Carrie
1 nose -- Carrie
2 ears -- Bob*
7 lbs wrinkles

Topping:
a handful of expressions -- Bob*
sprinkle of sneezes -- John
dash of indegestion -- Carrie

In a large bowl (uterus) add ingredients and mix gently. Season with toppings liberally. Bake at 98.6 degrees for 9 months and check.


Perhaps a tender mercy recognizing Carrie’s opportunity to finally birth her own, Robby is undoubtedly hers.

* Bob is Carrie's father.

6 comments:

Blogful said...

I think children come and go with looks. Around 3 months he will look almost completely different. Then again at around six months he'll wake up with more hair or be bigger or something and you'll think, "Wait. Now he looks like you!" I'm still trying to figure out my kids.
How's Tyler?

Emily said...

when my second baby was born my very first thought through my head was "he looks just like austin!" (my nephew, who sadly was not a cute baby). i agree with blogful--they change almost daily. i still can't figure out who looks like who!

Mike and Heidi said...

Congratulations! He looks like a perfect mix of you and John. We are so happy for your family!

Danalin said...

Good thing you followed the recipe so closely! You got a perfect little babe as a result.

Mandy said...

I totally agree with your ingredients. I think overall he looks like you. He is such a cute little thing! Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Tears.