Monday, July 6, 2009

Peach Pedal


I've been riding a little bit lately, and last week decided I wanted to do an event. John offered to watch the boys while I participated in the Peach Pedal, but I decided it would be much more fun to ride together...like the good old days. We arranged for a sitter and headed out on Saturday for our first ride together in quite a while- the Peach Pedal. John was such a sweetheart. He was so nice to sit back and ride this one with me- at my pace, with no pressure. Forty miles to chat and laugh and ride. It was pure bliss. The course was hillier than I remembered (we had done this ride together a few years ago), so I was glad I had John there to literally push me up the last few hills...a skill I'm sure few riders have- riding with one hand on the handle bars and one hand on your partners back.
We had a fantastic time.
Thanks sweetheart. I had a great ride!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love that you guys do that together. It's so...neat. Like how eloquent I am? Me too.

mandy said...

How fun that you and John have something you both love to do!

Danalin said...

That's wonderful! Don't you love supportive husbands who can put the competition aside and enjoy the ride with you? You married a good man, Carrie Carson.

jenhatch said...

here's to the good ole days!