So for a little over a year, I have been serving as the Social Committee Chairman for our HOA. It has been fun meeting new people, organizing events, and planning activities. This past weekend was our fall festival. It was our biggest event we've taken on, and it was AMAZING! I spent countless hours coordinating this event (it was beginning to feel like my part time job), and I was very pleased with how it all came together. We had pony rides, a petting zoo, bounce houses, carnival games, apple cider, popcorn, cotton candy, and even a cake walk. We also invited several vendors in the community to come and promote their home businesses. I was so grateful to so many volunteers who made the day possible. The only problem was that I was so busy that I barely had a chance to enjoy the afternoon with my boys. I did slip away for just a few minutes to watch them enjoy a few of the activities.
Tyler liked the pony rides. I loved the smile on his face as he came around each time.
Robby thought the petting zoo was pretty great. He was so cute and loved to pat the goat. It was really funny. The goat just stood there and let Robby pat it on the back- more like smack it repeatedly. Tyler also enjoyed the carnival games, but was SO disappointed that he didn't win any cakes at the "cake winning game." I felt bad because he was so excited the day before when I came home from the bakery with a trunk FULL of goodies (it really was quite the sight, if I do say so myself).
I'm glad it's over, and I'm glad it was a success...and now let's hope the upcoming Halloween Hayride and Christmas event are every bit as successful!
5 comments:
Geez, Carrie! Way to go, Wonder Woman! Sounds like you'd better be PTA Pres. next year!
Man, your HOA is awesome! That looks like a blast. You're an awesome planner! I'm the HOA pres and right now we owe our lawn people $12,000 and are in the hole for even more. Our pool never even got opened this year. Blame it all on Andrew Ord! (remember him?! they were our HOA and declared bankruptcy, leaving us with all these debts, can you believe it?)
I wanna live in your neighborhood! Awesome festival!
Just out of curiosity, what are your HOA dues? Did you hear about my fight with my HOA? They wanted to charge me an extra $75 in order to get my pool tags because I didn't show up in person to their scheduled "pool tag distribution" day (I called the next day.) I was so mad! I pay my dues early every year and they wanted to penalize me just because I live overseas.
See, now you know why I wish you were on my HOA!
Seriously so cute!!! I don't know how you find time to do it ALL- you're amazing (and you have dang cute kids). Next time you come to Utah, I think we should have a family cake walk, just so Tyler can win his very own cake.
Wowza! I would pay home association fees if it meant such rockin' parties! Great job. I can't believe you have MORE of that to do in the next few months. Super woman.
Post a Comment