A couple weeks ago was the Hotter'n Hell Hundred. John and Shayne decided to drive down and camp the night before the race. (here they are all ready to set off...little did they know at this point that the tent they packed would not have any poles and they'd have to pick up a new one at Walmart...oops). The race went great and they had a pretty fun time...well, as much fun as you can have riding 100 miles in 100 degree weather.
Since our men would both be gone, Jen and I decided we'd get together with our kids and go out to eat and then hang out. And then I had a stroke of genius...Tyler and Ava have been asking us if they can have a sleep-over together for ages. Since we both believe in "the no sleep-overs" rule, we've always said no. But I figured if Jen came and spent the night in our guest bedroom with her kids then it couldn't really be considered a sleep-over, right? Done deal. We were having ourselves a little sleep-over.
First we went out to eat and then out for frozen yogurt. Jen's expression says it all... "are we seriously crazy enough to take all five of our kids out without back-up?"
I couldn't help snapping this picture of these two. Hopefully, this isn't their only first date together.
When it was time for bed, the kids were pretty good about settling down. But it was quite obvious that Tyler was not used to having a buddy to share his room with. He kept poor Ava and Nolan up with all his excited chatter. It was just almost too exciting for him to handle. Oh well. I hope it was a good memory, considering it was his first and only sleep-over. And of course Jen and I stayed up way to late talking and laughing and trying to ignore the fact that our kids would be up bright and early ready for more "fun."
Good times.

1 comment:
We have a no sleep-over rule as well, and Isaac is already fighting me on it, even though he's NEVER been asked! It's ridiculous.
Post a Comment