Thanks for the words of support, advice, and prayers. Things have settled down a bit with the crazy blood sugars. We've had a few really good nights in the past week or so, and that has helped immensely. I'm pretty sure that the instability has had everything to do with the fact that in the past 2-3 months, Robby has had:
three ear infections
one bout of strep throat
one week of the stomach flu
one allergic reaction to penicillin
and four new molars
Throw in a couple major holidays and some pretty major changes in the weather patterns, and you have the perfect storm for a diabetic child's BG. I'm hopeful that all this illness is over and that we will see a few more regular patterns start to emerge again. We also adjusted several of his pump settings, which has helped a bit as well.
Anyway, we'll keep our fingers crossed for healthier days ahead and more stable blood sugars (and a little more sleep)!
Now with things settled down a bit AND we have a new computer that doesn't crash every time I try to use the Internet, I'm going to attempt to get caught up on posting a bit about our Christmas celebrations this year (I'll be lucky if I get it done before Valentine's Day!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh yuck. I hope he's going to be okay, that's a bad list of illnesses in a short period of time.
Whew! Glad to hear! Well, that things are calming down, not the other stuff. I was about to drive up!
Post a Comment