Shortly after New Year's, we were lucky enough to have John's parents come for a visit. It had been a while since we last saw them as they were serving a mission for our church in Canada. The boys were thrilled to get some one on one time with Nani and Papa. We had a few fun activities planned, but I think that the most memorable moments were ones like this:

While Nani was on the floor stretching her sore back, Robby quickly seized another opportunity to cuddle up to someone he loves.
Tyler loved checking out all of the dinosaur exhibits.


He was especially thrilled to find a dinosaur bone in the dino dig area that none of the other kids had found yet!



As for Robby...he was in heaven being surrounded by so many trains!

He also loved doing some grocery shopping. He was so cute pushing his little shopping cart around, filling it with everything he came across.

This picture is one of my favorites ever! Tyler hanging from the claw and Robby's uncertain glance at those teeth only inches from his head- so funny! 

We also went to the Texas Gaylord Hotel. They have an indoor atrium filled with replicas of several famous Texas spots (the Alamo, Palo Duro Canyon, San Antonio River Walk). It was too bad that we just missed all the Christmas decorations, but it was still cool to walk around and check it all out.

And I had to throw these pictures in because Nani and I got a good chuckle out of the entire incident.
Here are the boys posing for a picture. Everyone is happy and cute.

Next photo: still cute, but looking less happy- starting to get on each other's nerves.

Next photo: quit touching me!

...and cue meltdown.
Still a little ticked.
I should also mention that one day during their visit, Nani and Papa went to Tyler's school for lunch. When Tyler's teacher saw them she immediately knew that this was the Nani and Papa that Tyler had so excitedly talked about all week! She was kind enough to invite them back to the classroom after lunch and asked them to return the next day as classroom volunteers. Tyler was thrilled. I was grateful for a thoughtful teacher who saw an opportunity to fully involve Tyler's grandparents in every aspect of his little life during their visit.
We are so thankful that even though we don't live close, we still have grandparents who make the effort to come visit us. We created some wonderful memories while they were here and I'm so glad that my boys have some special moments to connect with those who love them most!




2 comments:
What a fun visit! Aren't Grandparents the best?!
Ok, I'm over being bitter about how much snow you got and we just got a day off "in case" of snow so I can comment now.
Looks like a great time was had by all. I loved reading it and seeing the pictures. :D
Post a Comment