Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter


(nobody got new Easter clothes, but I thought I should at least try to seasonally document our family with a few pics)

Easter...yeah, we did that this year, but just barely. Our church happened to have youth conference this same weekend. And since I am heavily involved with our youth group, I was a bit busy and a bit distracted. Nonetheless, we still tried to keep with tradition and had a quick, little egg hunt on Sunday before church.


Tyler got this cute little bug playground and a "how to draw" book. Both items were perfect for him. He loves to draw and has become quite the little artist lately. And as for the bug container, I'm just so thrilled that my Tupperware containers will no longer be used for bug collecting! I think he had that thing filled with Rolly Polly bugs even before church!


Robby. Oh dear me. Robby got this punching bag. It is so him. This kid LOVES to wrestle, and he's so cute the way he swings his arms and says, "punchie, punchie, punchie!" when he gets going in a wrestling match, so this has been a hit with our little wrestler.


We did finally dye Easter eggs, but it wasn't until a few days after Easter that we finally got around to it. Lucky for us, Tyler LOVES eggs, so getting rid of all those hard boiled eggs wasn't so tricky. I think his favorite lunch is an egg salad sandwich.


And of course we had to have a few rounds of the traditional egg fights. This is where you try to crack the other person's egg without damaging your own.




Lastly, here are a few videos. Grandma Marcia sent us a little Easter package. I think this video of Robby cracks me up. He was SO excited to open the package and find a few little treasures. If you listen to his response after I ask him who gave it to him, he almost starts to say, "I love her" but he pauses and goes with "cute grandma" instead. I just think it's really sweet.

In the package were a couple little eggs that you soak in water and after 24 hours the baby chick starts to hatch (it's one of those things that grows when you submerge it in water, so the baby chick starts to grow bigger and bigger until the shell surrounding it starts to crack). Robby was so excited to see his baby "quack quack." It wasn't long before I realized he thought there might possibly be a real baby chick in there. We made sure to clarify that is was going to be a toy and not the real thing.

After that, Robby was certain that every egg that had a crack was hatching. That made the egg wars pretty entertaining.









2 comments:

Mostly Jessica said...

OOOH - We'll have to try that egg cracking game next year - I'm sure my boys (daddy and Zachy) will love it!!!

jenhatch said...

that video of you and Robby is like watching little twins. Ya'll are so cute! And I think I'm gonna send him a package so I can see more of that!