Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spring has sprung (and then it left all too soon)

Summer is undoubtedly here- school is out and it's sunny and hot. But before the hot weather arrived, we were blessed with a lovely spring and we tried to enjoy it to it's fullest.




Spring brought with it lots of outside play time (which also means more vacuuming time for me).




The boys discovered bubble tennis. I blow bubbles and they try to pop them with tennis rackets. It is amazing that no one (Robby) ended up with stitches from getting whacked by his brother.



Tyler also enjoyed field day at school. I was glad I popped over before the activities got rained out. I'm pretty sure they still had a great time, even if it was a little soggy.



...and of course, no Texas spring would be complete without a few tornadoes and some golf ball size hail. Ty thought it was awesome- I hated it. This particular storm sent us under the stairs in our "shelter" for a few minutes (which always feels like eternity), and once the storm had passed, we joined our entire neighborhood out on the street watching two funnel clouds form a little north of us. I was grateful that the storm had passed, but I was still a litter nervous by watching such a luminous sight.










1 comment:

Jaimi said...

I tell you what--this tornado stuff is not sitting well with me. I don't know if I can handle living in the Midwest if this is how it is. Glad you're safe and well.