We did leave the beach on occasion, but only for more adventures. Destin is a very family friendly place and when we heard about this pirate ship cruise that caters to young kids, we knew it would be a hit, and it definitely was!
Here we are on the top deck enjoying the view.
After a few blasts from the cannon, we left the harbor and the pirate crew led the kids in several pirate activities, like...
SWORD FIGHTING, and...
GUN FIGHTING (did I mention my kids LOVED this cruise?), and...
DECK CLEANING! Ha! that's right, after the water gun fight, they told the kids that the pirate crew now had to clean the deck and they brought out a bucket and mops. Robby was absolutely hilarious. They cranked up the music and most of the kids danced around and played with their mops, but Robby took his deck cleaning duties very seriously. You could see the look on his face and he meant business. I could just see him thinking to himself, "I gotta clean this deck. Oh, look over there. It's another wet spot. Better mop it up...and over there..." I could not stop laughing as I watched him attack that deck.
Then, they did some face painting to make the kids look like real pirates. Oh man, again, could not stop laughing. A ship full of little kids who looked like little pirates.
And the best part was, the kids helped pull up a treasure chest from the ocean and each got a couple treasures.
Pretty much, they nailed it. This activity was so perfect for my boys and we had a pretty good time watching them (and darn it, why do I not have a picture of little Callie with her beard and mustache?...funniest thing ever).

No comments:
Post a Comment