Yesterday was Birth Mother's Day, and it turns out that Hallmark finally got on board with that and designed a few cards for the occasion, but it turns out they underestimated how popular the cards would be and sold out shortly after the cards arrived. Never underestimate adoption.
The love experienced in an adoption is life changing. It is bigger than a Hallmark card can ever express, but I'm glad they finally at least tried.
Words really can't express how we feel about birth mothers. But I will tell you this, you can't ask John about Tyler's birth mother and not get him choked up. Every time. What she did for Tyler and for us as a family is sacred. The years have passed, but the sacredness of that decision she made will have an impact for eternity. We know Tyler will forever be blessed because of her, but we also know he will forever be linked to her...and so will we. Love can be a powerful force in linking people and bringing their hearts together forever.
I love this video (sorry if the link doesn't work perfectly, but it is worth a minute or two). It is my hope that one day Tyler will express to his birth mother some of the sentiments felt in this song- that one day he will say to her, "I'm so grateful that I had this life. When you gave me up, you gave everything to me."
(although, if you know me, you know I hate the phrase "gave up for adoption." We prefer "placed for adoption," but hey, I'll give him that for artistic licence)
Adoption is amazing.
And we are thrilled with the decision we have made as a family to pursue another adoption in hopes of expanding our family through another miraculous journey.
Our paperwork is finally complete, and we should be approved with a profile on the LDS Family Services website in just a few short weeks.
We are excited...and hopeful.

5 comments:
Another adoption post that I cried through. We have a young birth mom in our ward who placed a baby before she got married and I cried through her story and thought of you, and the Whitesides, and all of our friends who have experienced the miracle of adoption. I am so happy for you and John and excited/hopeful for you too.
That is so exciting! I'm hopeful with you. I'm so happy for you guys and the family you have.
Congratulations!I am so excited for you. I'm also excited that we get to share this journey together again!Maybe we will have all three of our kids matched up and lined up for future romances. (;
I can't believe this happened to you too! What an awful experience for the both of you. I'm sort of glad I didn't have to go to the hospital, although your situation sounded so much worse than ours.
Sorry to hijack your post, I had just caught up on your blog a few days ago and meant to say congrats on your new journey!
Sorry to respond via your blog... I seem to have lost your email
Post a Comment