Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Money can't buy you happiness


...But it can buy you a leather rocker/recliner lazy boy. And when you're 6 months pregnant, that just might equal happiness.
My ever expanding tummy was getting in the way of story time. We frequently had to resort to "the sailboat" method (thanks for the idea, Joleen).

8 comments:

mandy said...

Oh, just wait. As you get even bigger and more uncomfortable, you will love that recliner with all of your heart. We just got ours a few weeks ago and I don't know how I got along without it!

Kristina said...

Ah, a pregnant woman's one true love (and our husband's think it's really them :)!

Emily said...

The one part of pregnancy I don't miss--the hugeness of it all. Only I get huge all over. Isaac used to push against my tummy and tell the baby to move so he could sit on my lap. Didn't quite work.

Blogful said...

goo choice on the leather too. Spit up comes off leather so much easier!

jillian said...

You are gonna love it when/if you nurse! with a pillow on your lap, it is so comfy you might just sleep there more often than not... I did! we got a corderoy, squishy one. it was one place cy would sleep when not with me when he was little. maybe because it smelled like me. the pictures are at the very beginning of my blog! lookin' wonderful!

Danalin said...

I'll have to tuck away the "sailboat method" advice for next time...that is, unless we get a super nice, comfy recliner before our next time. You look FABULOUS, Carrie! I also loved your last(?) post about adoption etiquette for those of us who are somewhat clueless. Thank you for that - I know that I've made some of those mistakes.

Lori said...

You look great!!!

Arlene said...

You finally are showing! Thanks for the laughs during our phone call. How close are you to the Woodlands? :/ I think we are getting closer and closer. Carl has been there all week and said he's bringing me a shirt that says "I heart TX". whimper, whimper...

I need that recliner cuz I'm so old...