Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Nine years ago today I married my sweetheart. I could go on and on about how much I love my man, how wonderful he is, and why he is my perfect match, but I think I'd rather keep that between he and I.
I'll just say that I am so very blessed to have traveled the last nine years with my best friend- someone I admire, love, and respect for so very many reasons. I'm so glad I was smart enough to hang on to this guy when I found him nine years ago. Who knew I had found my perfect match?!? I really am constantly amazed at how our strengths and weaknesses compliment each other- we are complete opposites and yet the core of who we are is so incredibly similar.
John, you're the best. I love you now like I loved you then. Thank you for who you are and who you make me want to be!
PS. Sorry that anniversary #9 isn't the "carbon fiber anniversary." Someone really should revise that list.

6 comments:

Emily said...

sweet! happy anniversary! we were going to do the 17th too but it didn't work out for our families. looks like it's working out for you guys!

jillian said...

Happy anniversary. I never imagined what life might be like being married this long, but is is wonderful. I can remember you coming home from RA class all excited about "new hot RA". I am so happy for you two and your family! have a wonderful day!

Arlene said...

Congratulations!!! He's one smart cookie (did I just write that?!) for snagging YOU! :) And, you probably know what I'm thinking right now...

Kristi said...

Congratulations!! You know, for some reason I totally remember coming to your reception (I don't know why...I usually have the worst memory!) You looked so beautiful and happy. (And nothing has changed!) Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember your reception too. I didn't know it at the time, but your best man was my future husband (oh wait, he wasn't at the reception, he was at the hotel). Good job on picking your friends John...oh, and great choice picking Carrie too. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, and sorry again for puking on your wedding.