Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your wonderful advice, tips, and thoughts! I loved reading what you all had to say. It was SO helpful as I sort out all of this crazy stuff. If you have any more advice, feel free to keep it coming! Seriously ladies, this is why we blog!!! Love it.
I thought I'd update you on my quest for acquisition of all things baby and nursing. Yesterday I took a trip to Kid to Kid (the consignment store). I was dropping off a few things that we no longer needed, and I was curious to see if they had any of the items on my list. BINGO!!! I scored a gently used Bjorn carrier as well as a brand new baby sling still in it's original packaging. And not just any sling, the exact sling I was looking at online (hot slings). With my credit from the items I dropped off, the total was less than what I would have paid for the sling alone. I have amazingly good Karma when it comes to that store. I hardly ever go there, but when I do, I am amazed at how I score! I've popped in on two other occasions and found exactly what I was looking for down to the brand and color.
Oh, but it doesn't end there my friends. I was looking on Craigslist for a Madela breast pump. More good Karma!!! Posted just the day before is the exact Madela electric breast pump I've been eyeing for almost half the price (plus several extra parts, most of which are still in the original packaging). And even better, the lady only used it on weekends for 2 months, so it's practically new!!!
Yep, I'm thinking of changing my middle name to $, pronounced "cha-ching!!!"
By the way, one last thing. As I have been washing all of Tyler's baby clothes, I have discovered that Oxyclean works wonders (thanks for the tip, Alycia). I soaked the clothes for about 45 minutes in Oxyclean and then washed once more with a scoop more of Oxyclean and that Dreft baby detergent. Almost all of the spit-up stains (that weren't visible when I put the clothes away four years ago) have come out. There are a few things that are slightly discolored, but hardly noticable.
There, now I can feel like I've given back in some small way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I use a scoop of oxyclean in every load of laundry I do. I use 2 scoops for whites and towels and dishcloths, and if the whites are looking a little yellowish, I do the soaking thing as well. LOOOOVE it. Sweet finds, I'm so excited for you! Next time I need something I'm sending you to kid to kid! I've never found ANYTHING good there (but that could have something to do with where I live and the sheer number of children here).
What SWEET deals! That is so nice to find exactly what you want.
Thanks for the Oxyclean tip! I'll have to try that out with our little baby clothes. I had the same thing happen...it's like the spit-up stains magically appeared or worsened as the clothes sat in storage. :)
Well, I guess I should have read this post before commenting on the other one. You can still have any sling knowledge from me if you like.
I usually just throw out stained clothes and buy newer ones. It also helps me to never have to diet as I enlarge.
You probably don't know this, but I worked at Kid to Kid for 4+ years while going to BYU! I love that store and wish there was one in New York. Sounds like you got bunches of great advice! We're excited for you! By the way, I made your pumpkin cake and it was delish! Thanks!!
So I never left you my piece of advice. I personally think you should hire a 'wet nurse'. And, if you do decide to breastfeed, use maxi pads instead of nipple shields.
Post a Comment