Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas


Once again we found ourselves headed to join family, friends and colder weather in UTAH for Christmas this year.  It was a bit stressful getting there with presents, snow clothes, and TWO kids, but we made it and it was worth the work.  We had a great time.  


Both boys didn't seem to mind how stressful it was getting everyone packed and ready for the trip.  They seemed to enjoy it all.  Here they both are on the bus to the airport.



Once we arrived in Utah, Aunt Chrissy had lots of fun activities planned.  Here she is bravely attempting cookie decorating with Tyler and his cousins.  Bless her.  Three boys, three bowls of frosting, and lots of cookies...FUN!

The next day we headed out for our daily dose of playing in the snow...thank heavens a series of snow storms provided the back bone for many of our activities.  

John made sure that Robby was involved in much of the fun and games.

Tyler ate half his weight in candy as he decorated his gingerbread house...seriously, more candy went into his tummy than went on that house!



Of course, we headed up to Salt Lake to see the lights on Temple Square.  It was super cold so we made the trip super fast.








During our visit, little Bob and big Bob did a bit of bonding

Christmas Eve finally rolled around and Tyler was delighted to discover that Santa had delivered our dinner right to Nani's doorstep.  

After dinner it was time for more fun and games with the cousins.  (I was amazed that Tyler actually stepped away from Nani's cars in order to participate in Lily's tea party...he loved it).

This year all of John's siblings were able to be together for Christmas eve and Christmas day, so of course we had to take lots of pictures.  This one was taken of all the grand kids (minus Beth who arrived just in time for the big family picture).  It was really great having everyone together under one roof for the first time in years.  It definitely made for a chaotic and memorable Christmas morning.

Before heading to bed, Tyler made sure to hang his stocking right where Santa would find it.

Christmas Eve brought a not so silent night for this little one, but I was glad for the smiles and coos that he gave me in spite of the restlessness.


The next morning Tyler discovered that he had indeed been a good boy and Santa did in fact bring him the Batman Castle that he had been hoping for.  It was magical seeing the look on his face as he came down the stairs...even if he did sneak down the back staircase in Nani's house instead of waiting with all of the cousins to come in from the kitchen.

The next day, we headed for the hills.  We went to Soldier Hallow for sledding.  It was good fun in spite of the bitter cold.  Tyler and I only lasted an hour or so.  Hot chocolate in the lodge sounded like a good idea.


After all that fun, it was time for another trip back to Grandma Marcia and Grandpa Bob's house for some much needed sleep.  





Lucky for me, I have a sweet husband who didn't want my trip to come to an end without a "girl's day out" with my mom and sisters.  He took the boys to the dinosaur museum while I did a little shopping with the girls.  I sure was glad he captured a few moments on film- this was a highlight of the trip for Tyler.  He had a blast!

I also love the picture he took of our boys together.

So there you have it...Christmas in a nutshell.  It was a fantastic holiday with lots of family time and tons of fun.  We're glad to be back to our own beds, our old routines, and our warmer weather, but really...we miss everyone already!!!

Hope your holiday was a good one too!



8 comments:

Becker Family said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! I'm impressed you loaded everything up, including two cute kids, and came to Utah. I know traveling is not easy! You have a darling family!

jenhatch said...

Looks like a good time! I got tired just READING about what all ya'll did! BUT, I'm SO glad you're back!! SO glad!

jenhatch said...

p.s. - I love the pictures and the Big Bob and Lil Bob. Super cute. And totally impressed that John took a picture at the dino place without you encouraging it. OH, and the fact that he took them both there by himself. Good man John!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun christmas! That dinosaur museum is so fun, my boys love it.

Hailey Vial said...

Great pictures, Chrissy is as beautiful as ever! Glad you had a fun Christmas. We were with my family in Utah after Christmas. It's strange to be back in Utah.

Karrie said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! Your boys are so cute! Hope you are doing well.

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Carrie,

Looks like you had a fun, crazy Christmas! Those are the best! I love all the pictures...but the ones I loved the most are the two of the boys sleeping at Grandma and Grandpa's house. There is nothing more precious than sleeping babies!

I'm so glad you look at my blog. It is fun to update and hear from friends! Thanks for your kind words. Abbie is a joy! I can't believe how blessed we are!

Hope you are rested from Christmas! I am almost back into my normal routine...it seems to take awhile!

Take care,
Colleen

Laura said...

Great Christmas pictures! I am glad everything turned out great for your trip to Utah. I especially love the pictures of Tyler and John in the snow and the tubing day.