Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Happy Ending


You may recall this post about my dear friend Jaimi who was beginning the adoption process for a second child.  Well, I'm am thrilled to give you the update and the rest of the story.  For the second time, Jaimi called me out of the blue with the words, "Hi Carrie, just wanted you to know that I'm looking at my brand new baby daughter."  (Her first adoption with Summer was just as quick and unexpected as this adoption was).  

Jeff and Jaimi were visiting family in Utah for Christmas.  While there, on December 30th, Jaimi received a phone call from a case worker in a town a few hours away asking if she and her husband could drive down to meet a birth mother who had delivered a baby girl a few days prior.  They were told to bring a car seat and be prepared for a possible placement.  They met with the birth mother the next morning (December 31st) and were placed with a new daughter, little Gracen, on January 1st. Needless to say, they won't be going home from their trip anytime soon as they will have to wait for a bit of paperwork to clear before they can cross state lines, and heavens knows, they'll be heading home with much more than they came out with!!!

I share this story because I love adoption and I love Jaimi.  I am over the moon with joy for her. Gracie is such a blessed little girl- so lucky to be going to such a wonderful family.  Jeff and Jaimi (and big sister Summer) are so deserving of every happiness they are experiencing.  My eyes well up with tears every time I think of them.     

I also share this story because I want to share the power of opening your mouth.  This adoption happened because Jaimi had an aunt who opened her mouth.  Jaimi's aunt goes to church with baby Gracen's boilogical great grandmother.  During a conversation between the two women one day, Jaimi's aunt happened to mention Jeff and Jaimi (her niece) were hoping to adopt and were in the finding stages of adoption.  Baby Gracen's birth mom had already selected a placement couple, but when that relationship began to sour,  the great grandmother knew just where to find an exceptional couple who might be a possible match- all because Jaimi's aunt opened her mouth. 

If you have any family or friends hoping to adopt, keep them in your thoughts, prayers, and conversations.  You just NEVER know how opening your mouth might change lives forever. 

Don't you just love a happy ending?!? 

4 comments:

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Words can't express how thrilled I am! Gracie is beautiful!

Becker Family said...

Love it! I'm so happy for them and I don't even know them!

Arlene said...

You forgot the part that Jaimi is supplying your boys with future wives. Those little TX girls better watch out! ;p

jenhatch said...

Jaimi - SO excited for you and your family!! I witnessed those tears from Carrie when she told me the story. So amazing and beautiful! p.s. jaimi, I guess we'll be having some competition between my girls and yours for the Carson boys! ;)