Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birth Mother's Day

Today is National Birth Mother's Day. Cool, huh?
It's incredibly difficult to put in to words how I feel about Tyler's Birth Mother, and some of those feelings are too sacred to share. I will forever be grateful for the decision that she made when she placed Tyler with our family. That day changed me. I became a mother. Better yet, I became Tyler's mother.

I am constantly amazed at the kind of love that a birth mother has for her child when she chooses to give them the best possible life. It is truly a mother's love. It is miraculous and beautiful.

I think I've mentioned before that LDS Family Services is overhauling their adoption website. The updated version is still in the "working stages," but above is a link to the best part of the new site. They have documented a few success stories from the birth mother's point of view. These videos of courageous women, much like Tyler's birth mother, make me weep with gratitude every time I watch them. Hope you enjoy.

(Oh, and if you'd like to see the parts that 'Yours Truly' contributed, click HERE and HERE)

5 comments:

jenhatch said...

that is awesome that they have their own very special day too. And as for the part you contributed to the sight - goosebumps for me. It was beautifully put Carrie.

Chrissy said...

You are amazing, all I can say!

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Rachel said...

Hey Carrie - I'm Kristi Carson's oldest daughter (the one with twins). I just got your blog address from Joleen. I hope it's okay if I try to keep up with your family. Kathi's boys Josh & Jake also have family blogs. Anyway. Great to see your cute family! Hope to keep in touch.

Lisa M said...

I loved your contributions!