Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Celebrating the holidays...Texas style

The day after Thanksgiving, we headed down to Stockyards Station in downtown Fort Worth for the daily cattle drive. It's one of those touristy things that we typically do with family when they come to town, so we thought we might as well stick with tradition (minus the long, boring tour).
Twice a day, every day, they close down traffic and do a cattle drive right down the street in the middle of the city. It's pretty cool to see those longhorns up close and they typically have a few activities for the kids as well.

You can even get your picture taken with "Old Jake."

And can you tell how thrilled Robby was about this whole idea?

Not to worry...big brother took good care of him and he cheered up just fine.

Tyler liked watching the "real cowboys," and did a great job impersonating them.

Beautiful weather and good fun...what could be better?

I loved watching both Tyler and Robby's reaction to the cattle drive. Robby loved the horses (although, I'm still thinking that he thought the cattle were horses as well). You can see his little mouth making the trotting noise as he watched the whole thing.

2 comments:

Emily said...

my goodness, you have cute kids. I just want to hang out with them a little.

Danalin said...

Very fun tradition! And it sounds like Thanksgiving was so nice. I LOVE all of the pictures of your adorable boys. Tyler's grin melts my heart.