Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let it snow!

Wednesday morning I woke up to a very sweet, very excited boy whispering in my ear, "Mommy, it's SNOWING!"
I almost didn't believe him because that doesn't happen very often around here, but sure enough- it was snowing and there was already a bit of accumulation. We bundled up and were outside throwing snowballs and making a snow angels by 7:40 in the morning. Good thing I bought Tyler his new coat only a few days prior to this. In fact, in some of the pictures you can still see the tags.
Tyler had a great time and came in completely freezing, but so very happy. John and I joke that sometimes Tyler is the real life version of Buddy the Elf from the movie, The Elf. He gets so excited about things and he is so sweet and innocent. Some of my favorite "Buddy the Elf" phrases he said on this particular day were:
"Oh boy, we're going to need a lot of hot chocolate today!"
"Mom, can I get in your bed and cuddle while we watch the snow?"
"Let's make snow angels, and snow balls, and snow men!"
"Now we're lucky like Utah and Colorado because we have snow too!"
(Picture him saying each of these thing with the biggest grin and with such sincere and pure excitement...it's one of my favorite things about Tyler)
It was a fun snow day. We enjoyed it immensely, but I have to admit that as I looked at the pile of wet boots, coats, gloves and hats that sat on the floor by my door for the rest of the day, I was glad that it isn't an everyday occurrence.

5 comments:

jenhatch said...

He IS Buddy the Elf!! I never heard ya'll reference him like that... but now that you have, I can't stop laughing about it. His sweet excitement about everything is totally contagious! I love that about him!!

And you early risers get the good stuff! By the time we all got up, ate (because you KNOW a kid of mine can't get anything done without FOOD!), and bundled up it was pretty much all gone!

Kristi said...

Amen to that! It's fun to get the girls all bundled and watch them play in the snow...but it sure is a big effort!

Tyler is such a cute little guy. How fun to always have such a positive, excited outlook on everything!

Jaimi said...

Perfect analogy--made me giggle as I read his quotes.

Danalin said...

I totally imagine Tyler like that even though I haven't seen him since he was a babe. What an adorable little man! I love that you got snow and I love that he woke you up like that. I am hoping we get some of that white stuff before Christmas...but I agree that I like living in a place where it's more of a novelty and then goes away after a day or two. :)

Arlene said...

Yeah! It snowed while we house hunted in Houston on that Thursday. I was soooo happy! It was fun to see what excitment it created there. I will be just like Tyler when we live there!