Saturday, March 20, 2010

Other Spring Break Fun


Spring break wasn't really a big deal since Tyler is only in preschool, but since John was also out of school for the week, we decided we'd better at least take advantage of the extra spare time.

The boys finished the sand box and made a number of trips to Home Depot for bags of sand. I think everyone is pleased with how it turned out!
We went for a bike ride to Sonic only to discover that both mom and dad had left their wallets at home! We were only slightly disappointed that there were no cherry limeades to quench our thirst. We then decided to extend our bike ride and ride over to another park that we don't get to visit very often. Tyler loves riding on the tag-along with John (he talks John's ear off the entire way), and Robby, well, Robby was lulled to sleep being pulled behind my bike. I'm just glad we all had a good time and no one got a flat tire!
When we asked Tyler what one activity he wanted to do during spring break, he enthusiastically let us know that he wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese where a kid can be a kid. Easy enough!

Here he is playing his favorite airplane game. I love that he adds his own sound effects

Robby had a great time too. I loved watching his face when he saw this truck and discovered that he could actually ride in it!

On Friday we headed to the park to play on the playground, collect sticks, kick the soccer ball across the fields, and throw bread at the ducks...um, I mean feed the ducks. John and Tyler also decided to play "get the soccer ball stuck in the drainage pipe." They rolled it back and forth several times until it lost momentum half way through. Ty decided he would craw in and get it. Robby thought that was hilarious...I didn't agree. We decided to throw a tennis ball at it to dislodge it instead.

Fun moments, great weather, happy memories.

2 comments:

jenhatch said...

LOVE how the sandbox turned out, and I'll be expecting a playdate when the weather is nice again (you know, when it's not SNOWING!) LOVE the picture of your 3 boys bums. And can only imagine the sweet sound effects Tyler would make! Such fun spring breakers! I don't think Ava really understood why she didn't go to school this week!

Danalin said...

So many great pictures and memories! Your sandbox is fabulous...my engineer hubby undertook the same project last fall. It's amazing how much sand you have to get for those things! Totally worth it, though, the kiddos love it. I love that last picture with your three boys, by the way. So cute.