Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week of Fun!

Whew...it's been a few weeks since I last posted. Things have been quite busy. We decided last minute to drive up to Colorado to visit John's family for the 4th of July (more on that later), but the best part is, we got to bring back our niece Jaelynn with us. We've had a blast and I will miss her when she returns back home after this week is over.
I'm going to let her finish this post by having her describe for her parents some of the fun things we've done while she's been here. So without further ado...here's Jaelynn...

Hey Mom and Dad! I've had so much fun here in Texas (besides the heat, sweat, and humidity), so I thought I'd share what I learned from Carrie.
To start off, she taught me how to look for cute swimsuits, and I think the one I bought is just darling, don't you?
Speaking of shopping, we went shopping at Sam Moon. Talk about ADORABLE!!!!! I was in heaven!!!!! Oh and don't worry I only spent 7/8 of the money you gave me...
Carrie decided to give me a full makeover!
(Before)
(After) Do you think it's a little too dark for me?
After all of the shopping and make-up doing, we were beat!! Nothing a little healthy food can't fix! All week we had the HEALTHIEST stuff!! YUMMY!
And now we come to my favorite part of the week. Carrie decided that texting is an important part of a teen girl's life, so she bought texting for me!! Don't worry, it's UNLIMITED!!!! YES!!!!!
Carrie also showed me what it means to be a parent. I'm sure you'll also appreciate that she took the time to share with me the finer points of motherhood.
After the kids went to bed, Carrie taught me a really fun game. Are you fond of Poker?
It turns out I'm actually really good at Poker! I even won back the money I spent at Sam Moon!!! Phew!!
To make sure that this vacation of mine always lasted in our hearts (and our arms) Carrie got us matching tattoos!!

I love you and miss you! Can't wait to see you in a few days!!!

9 comments:

Arlene said...

Wow. I need to come up to Dallas! hahaha

jenhatch said...

That is HIlarious!! Your new calling in Young Womens is a perfect fit! What I want to know is if you had to go ask the neighbors for all of the junk food!

Such a cute post!! Man, you're fun Carrie!

Erika Sullivan said...

This is hysterical! I love it! P.S. You know you two could TOTALLY rock those swimsuits if you wanted to.

Lisa M said...

Loved that post. Such a cute idea. I would have loved to come to your house when I was growing up. So fun! New calling? Young Women? Can't wait to hear about it.

Beth said...

Looks like a memorable week! What is your new YW calling?

Chrissy said...

Seriously sooooo funny! You so have to teach me how to be favorite aunt!

Rachel said...

You are two bad girls! I bet Dave and Jolene each had a heart attack! Too funny!

Emily said...

Man I wish you were my aunt. Hi-larious.

The Roylance Family said...

You are the best aunt ever!!! What a fun week you two have had!!! ;)