* I love that whenever these two watch tv together, they always sit right next to each other...always.
*the other day I heard Tyler in the other room..."one, two, three, four, five, six, seven." and then he came running to me and said, "Mom! You need to bolus Robby for 7 grapes 'cause I just gave him seven grapes." I got a good chuckle out of that (after I gave Robby the bolus). I'm so proud that Tyler has caught on so quickly to all of Robby's special needs. He has memorized all of the different alerts on the CGM and insulin pod (each alert has a different sound and signals different things). I'll hear him yell from upstairs, "Mom! Robby's going high!" Or, "Mom, Robby's pod is beeping. It's time to change the pod."
*During a visit to Cabellas to see the animal displays, Tyler said, "Mom, how do you think the hunters kill the animals gently so that their eyes stay open?" Good question, Ty. Good question.
*A few weeks ago I was out shopping with Robby. He wandered off and came back to me holding a shirt and saying, "Cuke! Cuke!" Translation: "Cute!" I guess I have a habit of trying clothes on my boys and then saying, "Aww...cute!" He now says it anytime I put anything new on him, like a new shirt or new shoes. He points to them and says, "Cuke!"
*Whenever Robby can't find me he yells, "Mommy! Are you?" (mommy, where are you?). I love it, and I'll admit, sometimes I hide a little longer just so I can hear him shout it a few more times. :)

2 comments:
yep, i'd hide all day to hear that too! when's he gonna learn that you're always in the pantry?!
How nice to have an extra set of eyes/ears for Robby like that. Those are the things I love about big kids--"Mom, Zoe spit up!" or "Mom, Zoe fell over!" stuff like that is so helpful.
My boys sit like that too, although the older they get, the quicker it turns to a fight.
Post a Comment