In case you couldn't tell from my last post, my admiration for Cliff Scherb is quite apparent. You see, our family is quite active and cycling is a part of our lives that we genuinely value. When Robby was first diagnosed, we didn't know how that would effect some of our life long goals and aspirations for our family. Would we still be able to bike the Oregon coast as a family? Will competitive events be something we have to let go because our son resents the fact that he can't participate? Will family bike rides be confined to the limits of our neighborhood?
That is why when I stumbled across Cliff's story, I was captivated, inspired, and thrilled. Thrilled to learn that nothing, not even diabetes, will hold back my little boy!
And now, here's the best part- if you check out the comments section of my last post, you'll notice that Cliff himself left me an encouraging comment with a link to a video about his Kona experience. Are you kidding me?- nicest guy ever! The video is awesome. Check it out (compliments of Cliff himself)
(...oh, and in case you're wondering, yes, I'm beside myself with excitement that Cliff actually took the time to leave me a comment)

2 comments:
I'm glad he did! I sent him the link to your post. Isn't he just the best???
PS - Check out Running with Type 1 by Gary - he's the one who first brought that video to my attention.
http://runningwitht1.wordpress.com/
And I'm also a big fan of Bradford:
http://www.tudiabetes.org/profile/Bradford
I recently added you to my blogroll and gave you a shout out: http://www.d-mom.com/d-blogging-new-kids-on-the-block/
I hope you'll consider reciprocating :)
Post a Comment