Here we are just a few weeks away from Christmas and I'm just now getting around to posting about Thanksgiving.
First off, I was able to help in Tyler's classroom for their Thanksgiving feast. The week before the feast, Tyler was very disappointed when his teacher assigned him to be a pilgrim instead of an Indian. However, I was still so proud of him for being a good sport about the whole thing. He told me that other kids in his class got to be Indians because they threw a fit when they were assigned to be pilgrims. I told him how proud I was of him for being happy and positive even though it wasn't what he wanted.
It was fun to be there with he and his cute friends.
Here is a video of him singing a song I used to teach my first graders when I was a teacher. He loved singing it all month long, but to do it with the costume and the camera rolling took a serious bribe :)
We were so excited this year to have my parents and little brother fly out to join us for Thanksgiving. It was one of my favorite memories...hanging out, eating good food, doing some fun low-key activities, and simply enjoy being together. Here is a list of highlights so I won't forget:
-taking a group nap (One afternoon, we all fell asleep during Robby's nap time. John woke up before the rest of us and covered each of us with blankets)
-visiting Santa (neither of the boys wanted to sit on his lap)
-going to the 3D movie (Tyler took his 3D glasses off halfway through because he said he didn't like the people being so close...Robby wore his the ENTIRE time)
-introducing my mom to Sam Moon jewelry store :)
-dousing one oven fire
-mending Spencer's finger after he sliced it open on a broken glass
-staying up late to play games
-watching my boys read books and play games with Grandma and Grandpa
-bowling
and of course, eating, eating, eating
...and the best part is, no one got diagnosed with diabetes this time! (last time they visited was in the spring when Robby was diagnosed. We were glad they came back for a re-do so we could create some happy memories together this time around.)
(...and I've had family withdrawal ever since they left. Good think John's parents are coming for a visit soon)


3 comments:
Are you sure that is Spencer?! I think I will always picture him as cute little Spencer. I can't believe he is grown, an RM, etc. Wow. I feel old. What a darling picture of your cute family. I just love your parents. ...and Tyler looks extra big to me in this picture. He is growing up too fast!
He is so cute! Your thanksgiving sounds perfect. Even the cut--isn't somebody always injured during major holidays?
Did you and I teach next door to each other in a past life? We sang that song at our feast as well. My little brother even called it "cool." (;
Post a Comment