Friday, July 8, 2011

Six years ago...



Today marks the six year anniversary of the day we took our adorable, little Tyler to the temple to be sealed to us. I can't believe it's already been six years. And I can't believe how much my gratitude for adoption, temples, and families has grown.

That day was so special- one I will cherish forever. Our court date was two days prior. It too was special. We became an official family, recognized by law for our time on earth, but it wasn't until our sacred sealing in the temple that we became an eternal family, recognized by God for all eternity.


I look at this picture and see pure joy. Tyler's arrival into our family was nothing short of miraculous. Heavenly Father brought him to our family through the hands of a loving, selfless, and dedicated birth mother. I hope that when she placed him with us she envisioned his life to be everything that it is today.


(other posts about this experience found here and here.)


3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy anniversary! Such an awesome day.

Danalin said...

I was JUST thinking about you today for some reason...maybe I sensed that today was special for your family. :) What a wonderful day. And I am SURE that the life Tyler has now is even more than his birth mother hoped it would be. You are such a wonderful family.

Jaimi said...

It was an incredible day! Brings sweet feelings back.