Thursday, February 7, 2008

Official and Eternal




Fast forward 6 months and it was time to return to Utah for our court finalization as well as for our temple sealing. Both experiences were wonderful. The judge assigned to us was so great. He explained that all of the other hours of his day are spent with broken families and broken lives (he charges DUI's, thefts, abuse cases, etc), but this one session each week, he gets to legalize families. He acknowledged that he was only making lawful what we already knew in our hearts- that Tyler was ours.



The next day, July 8, we went to the temple to make Tyler ours forever. It was beautiful and sacred. I thought about J that day (as I do most days), and I couldn't help but think of how brave she was. She played such a sacred role in all of this. She very literally helped the Lord create an eternal family. Think of it. She had the spiritual maturity to make such a powerful decision and then she had the strength of character to follow through. She is my hero. I think after that day, I really began to understand what it means to be sealed eternally as a family. What a blessing- I will cherish the memory of that day all my life!

1 comment:

mandy said...

I may or may not have been crying while reading this in my office (while I should have been working). You can chalk this up to my raging hormones, but this is the sweetest, most touching story. Your Tyler is so cute and I can't wait for you to get another little one!