Thursday, August 25, 2011

Utah trip- Part 5

While in Utah, we took advantage of visiting some of the many temples there. Tyler thought it was cool how close the Draper Temple is to my parent's house. He decided to count how long it takes to get there...162 seconds. Exactly.












We also headed downtown to visit the SLC Temple, visitors center, and church history museum.



At the church history museum, they have a number of interactive displays for children. I was impressed that this magnetic quilting board captivated the attention of five VERY active little boys.






They also built a boat like Nephi in the Book of Mormon...



...and fished for food.






They drove a delivery truck of sorts...



...and made a nutritious dinner of their own.





Robby loved the little kitchen. He takes his cooking very seriously...









...and as seriously as Robby takes his cooking, my nephew Brock, takes his Latin dancing. I could have watched him all day. I wish you could see in this video the serious concentration on his face.





1 comment:

Emily said...

I didn't know your parents lived that close? They must be in my brother's ward! Crazy. That temple is gorgeous. My favorite celestial room ever.

We're in Boston for the week and I went to the Boston temple today but I didn't have my recommend! Blast.