It's been a long time- I know. February came and went without a single post on this blog, but that doesn't mean we didn't do anything! We've been plenty busy. Here's what Gus has been up to in the last month or so.
In January, Robby graduated from nursery and joined primary at church. He is most definitely our brightest little sunbeam! We're still having a hard time convincing him that primary is fun and that he doesn't need toys, treats, and sweet Sister Thomas in order to survive at church!
...and is that sweater not the cutest little 'I just got off the slopes in the alps' thing!?!
The other big news in Robby's world is that he is now officially a BIG BOY! Whoop whoop!
My first and foremost rule when it comes to potty training is to just wait, wait, wait until that kiddo is not just ready, but BEYOND ready. I pretty much wait until they can basically potty train themselves in a day...and that is exactly what happened.
Robby was definitely ready back in December, but with birthdays, holidays, and out of town visitors, December is just way to busy to be potty training. So I told him to wait until after Christmas and we would have ourselves the best ever potty party! And so we did!
He still struggles to get his britches down and up by himself without the pod getting in the way, but we're working on it. I just feel bad if he accidentally rips one off in the process, and I live in fear of the CGM somehow accidentally falling in the toilet.
Robby is solidly potty trained even at night, which is good, but it sometimes means a little more work for us. If his blood sugar is high at night, this makes him have to pee more frequently and on the flip side, if he's low and we feed him juice- you got it, he has to pee more frequently. And since he's not very often perfectly in the middle, this means a few more sleep interruptions for us. Sigh. We try to use yogurt as often as possible for overnight lows, but I hate going all the way to the kitchen to get one out of the fridge. Darn that broken Pancreas!
Nonetheless, Robby is a pretty happy kid. He loves to wrestle and punch his big brother. Heaven help us. It seems to be what they do most of the time they are together. I'm not even sure why we buy toys. He also loves his friends and has enjoyed a little weekly play date we do with two of his best buddies. Robby is a smarty. He knows almost all his letters and their sounds. I love when we are out and about and he'll see letters on store signs or billboards and he'll tell me- that's the letter B, Mom! It says b-b-b!
That little Gus. He sure does make us happy.

2 comments:
Hurray for NO MORE DIAPERS!
How can he be 2 and I haven't met him in person and you are only 3/4 hours away? :(
Seriously cute!
Post a Comment