Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Summer fun-swimming

Summer's over and school has started, but I wanted to catch up on this blog and keep track of a few fun things we did this summer- the good stuff that I wanted to remember.
This summer, as usual, we did a lot of swimming.  It's pretty much the only way we can stand to be outside.  We played in the backyard...

and at our community pool.
This year we also decided to get passes to one of the local water parks.  It was one of the best decisions I've made in a while.  The boys had so much fun and I genuinely enjoyed spending the day with them.  Sometimes we'd meet friends there, but for the most part it was just the three of us- Tyler, Robby and me.  I loved going on slides, swimming in the wave pool, and floating down the lazy river with my two boys.  The best days were when John would join us.  It gave us an opportunity to go with Tyler on some of the bigger slides and attractions, and we loved being there together as a family.  This will most definitely be one of my favorite memories of the summer.




And for your viewing pleasure, here is a video of Tyler doing his synchronized swimming.  I made him watch this sport during the Olympics this summer (a secret obsession...kinda like beauty pageants- I want to make fun of it, but I'm oddly impressed and obsessed by it).  Anyway, after we watched together, I made (okay I may have bribed) Tyler promise that he would do some synchronized swimming for me at the pool.  He did not disappoint.
And here is Robby doing his "swimming."  Boy he goes all out.  Sometimes he looks like a duck when he's wearing his life jacket and he throws his little head under the water to swim.  Pretty cute.  It didn't take too long to figure out that every time we went swimming, Robby needed about 12-15 uncovered carbs every hour and a half to keep his blood sugar up.

No comments: