Here are a few of the other activities we did this summer when we weren't at the pool:
Basketball at courts (okay, we only did this like twice and I told the boys we weren't going if we didn't leave before 8:30, otherwise it's too hot).
Finger painting with chocolate pudding. Oh dear, these two boys couldn't be more different. Tyler LOVED this. He loved the gooey, mushy, tasty pudding and couldn't get enough of it.
His brother, on the other hand, cried when I made him put his fingers in it and wouldn't stop crying until I cleaned his hands.
Sometimes things got a little boring, but we seemed to manage.
We were lucky enough to get to go with the cousins to the children's museum a few times.
Robby took his job as an ambulance driver and a store clerk very seriously.
And some days, we had the opportunity to simply unwind and relax.
This boy, bless him, loves to read and he's very good at it. He loves learning and uses his reading skills to learn about things that he is interested in- animals, dinosaurs, volcanoes, and other fun facts. I love taking him to the library just to see what fun things he will discover and then I love even more when I catch him quietly reading a book to himself.

No comments:
Post a Comment