Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gladiator Ready!


American Gladiators (http://www.americangladiators.com/) was a family home evening favorite this last season. Tyler really enjoyed the enthusiasm of the gladiators/contenders when at the beginning of each match the referee would yell, "Gladiators ready?," "Contenders ready?" The whole scene was reenacted yesterday when Mike and Chrissy visited from Kansas. They brought their nerf guns. Together we had 5 guns and more than enough ammo for what any gladiator fan knows as Assault. To paint the picture, the Gladiator stood at the top of the stairs protecting the target. Tyler was stationed there as artillery specialist.

The contender wove around various objects (couch, piano bench, etc) on the downstairs floor, hoping to get off a shot. Mike pulled a 2-0 win over John. Unfortunately, John was unable to make up the deficit when they moved to egg fights on Easter morning. John lost another 8 points to Mike. See them both in action here....

6 comments:

Jaimi said...

I was hoping for some footage of John howling like Wolf...Seriously, that guy drives me crazy!Thanks for sparing us on the spandex!(;

Kristina said...

This cracks me up. I loved the makeshift barricade!

jenhatch said...

That is TOO funny! I love it when full grown men resort to childhood antics! It's just too funny! Very cool that your sister was able to come into town too!! I'm jealous.

And I agree with sparing us with the spandex... but with cycling, oddly, it doesn't bother me as much! Can't wait to see the scary spandex clad bodies with ya'll on Saturday!

Ammon said...

Nice video... music and all! Sounds like your FHE nights are a lot more fun than ours!

Emily said...

you guys are FUN.

Hailey Vial said...

This is awesome! What fun people you are!