Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A post for Daddy

John is out of town, so I thought I'd post a few photos for him to see what we've been up to while he's been gone.


Yesterday we did a little painting

(this may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but for those of you who know Tyler, you know that this activity could be disastrous given his active little body and tornadic abilities. He actually did really well. You can even see the concentration in his face).






And today we headed to the zoo, just the two of us. I figured it was a good time to get one last visit before my season pass expires and before it gets too hot!






where is this boy running?...(I'll bet John knows)



To see the hippos, of course! Anyone who's ever been to the zoo with us knows that the hippos are Tyler's favorite animal, and they have been since he was about 18 months. None of us can figure it out. The hippos don't ever do anything cool. They just sit in the water, but that doesn't stop Tyler. He'll stay and watch for several minutes, waiting for them to stick their noses out of the water and blow bubbles. You can imagine how exciting it was when the hippos actually climbed out of the water one time last year.



I love watching Tyler's face while we ride the train...priceless!


We had a picnic lunch and held hands lots. It was a perfect day. I seriously loved every minute of it. I'm so grateful for this precious one on one time I have with my boy. He is such a sweetheart, and I adore his enthusiasm and curiosity.

We miss you, Daddy, and we can't wait to see you tomorrow!

9 comments:

Ammon said...

Is that the Ft. Worth Zoo? It looks like it. We went there right before we moved to Chile and the kids LOVED it!

P.S. LOVE the concentration face!

Emily said...

it looks like so much fun! isaac would go CRAZY for that train.

jenhatch said...

I can't believe Tyler sat still long enough to #1 paint and #2 for you to actually get a picture of it. He's growing up!!

The love for hippos has got to be from them pooping.. right? He is afterall a boy... and your boy at that! That is afterall why Ava thinks they're so awesome.

Arlene said...

I love how you use juicy words to describe Tyler. ;) Looks like you've had fun but I bet you can't wait for John to be back. Is he in VA?

So, TX has zoos, huh? hehehe How close are you to Houston?

Unknown said...

i love the zoo it is so much fun! what a fun day to have with tyler! your blog is so cute! i think i will check it out more often

Lisa M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa M said...

Sorry for the delete I wrote it and didn't read it first.

I love Texas Tall Tales. Myla had so much fun with Tyler and Ava, she talked about it the whole way home. Thanks for having such a sweet boy.

Hailey Vial said...

CC and I are looking at your pictures and she got excited when she saw these zoo pictures and said, "That's my Friend! His name is EJ." I told her his name is really Tyler, and she agreed. Aren't kids fun.

Kathleen said...

Hey Carrie - it's Kathleen Field from Glenville. Heidi Butcher gave me the link to your blog. I just wanted to say Hi and tell you how happy I am for you and John and Tyler and your new baby! That is so wonderful! I enjoyed cruising on your blog - looks like Tyler's quite a little man now! Miss you!