Monday, March 10, 2008

Last week...

Wednesday
















Tyler loved being a "good helper." He is very curious to know when he gets to eat his strawberries and tomatoes.



Thursday(the very next day)

I know what you're thinking, "I thought it was MARCH, and I'm pretty sure they live in TEXAS." It was definitely a welcomed surprise to see 3-4 inches of "partly cloudy with possibility of rain" dumped on our Lone star state. We typically see snow twice a year and it's usually just flurries, so this was quite a treat for us.






We managed to scrounge up a pair of thin mittens for Tyler and had to make do with his old tennis shoes. Hey, it's better than Crocs on his feet and socks on his hands (the typical Texas snow day attire).












This was when I realized that I needed to move our "crops" in to the garage.


I had to take this picture, otherwise I never would have believed that was the view out our front door. I'll need to look at this several times come July.



Friday




Friday morning Tyler woke up and looked out the window and shouted, "Good morning snow!" It was sunny and warming up so we had to play fast before it all melted. I made snowball after snowball for Tyler to throw...AT ME! Then Tyler took off for the park to assess the "damage" to his playground. He loved sliding down the slides with all the snow.












Saturday


Saturday, Tyler woke up to find that the snow was all gone and our snowmen were falling down, but he still had a good time tackling it and pushing it to the ground. He also really enjoyed eating the remains of the carrot noses.



And now I would like to salute all you moms who live in snow country. This was fun for us because it was short lived. If I had to bundle my kid up like that every day and then find places to put it all to dry after every snow outing- I would go crazy! And now I'll go back to my crocs and flip flops, thank you very much!


11 comments:

Jaimi said...

I just pulled this up and Summer said, "Oh, snow! We don't have snow."...Thank goodness!( :

What a fun day though!

Danalin said...

I live in a cooler place than Texas, but snow here is also very short-lived and doesn't come around that often. I love it! I think it's the best of both worlds. Man, Tyler is such a cute little guy and you are such a great mom, Carrie!

Ammon said...

That's amazing! I agree with you, though. Snow is only fun when it's short lived! Enjoy the spring weather!

Kristina said...

I loved the picture of Tyler kicking the snowman. What a boy thing to do! I was glad to see the snow and I was glad to see it go!

Arlene said...

I'm still in shock that you are starting your garden... We have grass showing for the first time since November.

Anonymous said...

July? I miss the snow already! It was so much fun. I love how snow to us is this rare & wonderful treat that we cherish! I also love that our world stops spinning down here, how everything just shuts down.

Carlotta said...

Texas and snow have never seem to fit into the same sentence to me. And your little boy is too cute! Thanks for visiting my space and commenting. =)

Emily said...

snow in texas? i didn't even know it was possible! looks fun.

jenhatch said...

totally funny... Ava loved the video. I thought you were about to make a jabb at me with the whole Crocs thing! Love the "good morning snow!" and I double that salute to the snow states moms. There is no WAY I could do this every day of the winter!!

Megan said...

Carrie,

I hope you remember me. I am Stephanie's good friend Megan from Ricks and BYU. (I was in her wedding.)I talked to you last year on the phone about adoption. Our son Owen is adopted. Anyways I got a link to your blog off of Laurie's blog. I loved seeing the pictures of you and Stephanie and reading about your cute boy. Check out my blog if you get a chance megmiracles.blogspot.com. Tell Stephanie hi.
Megan

Lindsey from The R House said...

...and i thought we had wild weather!