Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Camping

This past weekend we decided to head out for another camping trip. Thanks to John's 9/80 work week, he has every other Friday off. This is so advantageous for trips like this. We left Thursday early evening after work and the campground was deserted. It was so quiet, calm, and peaceful- minus our little dude who enjoyed livening things up a bit with his loud singing, rabbit chasing, and rock throwing.
Here are a few of my favorite moments:

Tyler telling stories to John

John telling stories to Tyler
More s'mores! (Tyler's getting really good at this)
(by the way, here's my secret to "super easy, less mess s'mores." Now, nothing is like the real deal, but this way you don't try to juggle chocolate, cracker, and marshmallow, and when your dealing with an overly excited three year old- easier is the way to go!
The weather was perfect! All evening and all morning we sat by the fire to stay warm. Here we are enjoying our yummy pancakes with strawberry jam.
The campground was located on a lake and seeing as the weather was perfect, it warmed up nicely in the afternoon so we spent some time digging in the sand and splashing in the water.

Here is Tyler trying to explain to me that he wants to swim all the way out to "those red floating things."

It was no trip to Disneyland, but I wouldn't trade simple moments like this for anything in the world. My favorite part of the trip was when Tyler and I walked out into the water holding hands. Ty looked up at me with a huge grin on his face and said, "Mommy I love going to the beach with you! This is fun!"

And I have to agree.

8 comments:

Emily said...

you guys are THE BEST PARENTS! It looks like so much fun! I love Tyler's face in the picture where John is telling him stories, and John's face when Tyler is telling HIM stories. Hilarious, and so cute! You're such a sweet, happy family. I love peeking into your lives on your blog.

barterboutique said...

You guys are so fun... and brave! I don't think we'll even consider camping with the kids until they're old enough to complain about it! hahahaha...How's that for irony!

Kelly said...

You are such a good mom. We're attempting our first family camp out this July. Still debating whether to take the 18 month old. :) Great pics!

Kristina said...

You made me want to like camping

Arlene said...

Yeah! So there IS camping in TX! Love the pictures. That's how we do s'mores at girl's camp, too.

Are there mosquitos in TX?

Heather said...

How fun! Doesn't it just remind you of good old girls camp! The good old days :)

Mandy said...

So I've been meaning to comment forever on your blog, but I just look at the posts and move onto the next person that I blog "stock" So, your post's are so cute and I love to check out your blog. Tell your family I said hi and tell Chrissy and Steph to get a blog going. I miss you guys.

Leisha Mareth said...

I love the pic of you 2 snuggling and talking. So sweet. I only do cold weather camping in TX so my hat's off to you! And, how DO you manage such a lovely 'do while out in the wild!