I realize it's been a while since my last post, but we've been busy. We just got back last night from our week long trip to Colorado- I'll post more about that later, of course. But for today, I wanted to take a moment to recognize a special day for our family. It was three years ago today that we were able to take Tyler to the temple to be sealed as an eternal family.
I remember the feelings of excitement and gratitude as we set off for the Mt Timpanogos Temple that beautiful summer morning. I have such tender feelings about that day. We were so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who had so lovingly supported us. 
Tyler was adorable all dressed in his white outfit with his chubby little legs and darling white shoes that his birth mother had given him. I can remember being overcome with emotion when the sweet temple workers brought him into the sealing room to join us for the ceremony. He was peaceful and calm, but all smiles as he usually was.
It has occurred to me many times over the past three years how sacred that day was. Without the blessings of the restored priesthood keys, we all would be individuals living as families on earth, but not have that same blessing or right for eternity.
It has also occurred to me over the past three years how blessed we are to have our sweet Tyler in our family...forever. Words can't express the kind of gratitude I have for his wonderful birth mother who made this all possible.
Adoption is sacred and beautiful. That's why I had such a hard time making the phone call to our caseworker when we found out we were expecting. I was too scared about the possible risks to be excited about the pregnancy, and yet I was no longer able to be considered for adoption. I went through a bit of a mourning process about the loss of another adoption opportunity. I was disappointed that we wouldn't have the thrill of being selected by another birth mother, I was sad to think that we wouldn't go to the temple again with our little ones, and I was uncertain about the road that was ahead of us- regardless of the fact that at one point in my life I wanted to travel this road so badly. It was a difficult time for me.
I've since come to feel okay about not adopting this time around and I'm starting to enjoy and savor the experience that I've been so blessed to have at this time in my life. I will always know that both of our boys joined our family in very miraculous and wonderful ways.
I love adoption-it's something I'm passionate about, and for that reason, I'll continue to be an adoption advocate. So in the future, you'll be seeing much more about adoption on my blog. I'd like to continue to spread a positive message about this topic- to shed some light on some aspects of it, and to help educate others about this miraculous way in which families and individuals are changed and blessed.

5 comments:
You are and have always been such an amazing person. I am not surprised to find that you have become an even more amazing mother. I am so happy for all your many blessings and your strong influence for good and the good in life. I am proud to call you my friend (even though we haven't kept in touch much :) )--- on a side note, does john have a brother living in woods cross utah? there is a guy i see at church every week who looks like his twin, or a brother. -take care!
Thanks again for allowing me to be part of your special day.
It makes me smile as I think about how our paths crossed and the beautiful blessing adoption has been in both of our lives. Those sealing days are sacred and beautiful indeed!
What a special day for your family. It was fun to see those pictures. I, too, have a special place in my heart for adoption and we celebrate the day we were sealed as a family, too. What lucky little boys to come to such a great family. I hope your pregnancy is going well and you are feeling good!
I get a pit everytime I think about missing this day by a few hours. :( I was so excited for you and Tyler. Thanks for sharing all your thoughts.
Thank you for sharing this. This is the reason I gave my baby away. I gave her to a family that could ensure that she would have the blessings of the temple. It isn't easy for everyone to understand that but I appreciate you sharing your experience so that maybe more people will.
Post a Comment