Friday, January 1, 2010

Five

I'm a little late getting caught up with posts, but I don't regret stepping away from the computer lately so that I could take time to enjoy the holidays with my little family.

On the 14th Tyler turned five. When he woke up that morning, he quietly came into my bedroom and stood by my bed and said, "Mommy, I'm five now!" That's when it hit me. Five feels so grown up to me- he's no longer a baby, toddler, or even preschool aged. He has grown up more this last year than any other year. It's good and I love seeing who he is becoming, but I do miss my tiny baby boy.

This year we decided to have a friend birthday party. Tyler has been planning on a Transformer theme party for quite a few months now. It was a lot of fun (and a lot of work too).
The kids were given a letter from Optimus Prime who needed their help locating the Alspark. They had to successfully complete several missions to do so. First they had to find and collect all of the lost autobots in their individual colors.

Then they had to land one Starscream airplane on the planet "Galvatron"

And finally we played a game of musical autobots (musical chairs)

We had cake and ice cream.

And opened presents

Later that night we celebrated in style as a family with matching autobot shirts (my awesome friend Emily emailed the symbol to me along with directions for printing and ironing onto t-shirts).

The final activity of the night was a scavenger hunt to find his new bike hidden in the fort in our backyard (I'm not sure why I didn't get a picture of this, but he was pretty excited).

It was a great day with lots of fun and excitement. But even with all the activities and planning, I still had a moment to stop and ponder how grateful I am for our sweet Tyler. He has brought so much love and joy into our hearts. I can't imagine our life without this amazingly sweet and delightful little boy!

4 comments:

lynette said...

Happy birthday Tyler! I love his face when he's holding that gun! So fun!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, it looks so fun! Isaac was so excited to see these pictures and told me he's doing a Transformer party again when he turns 6. Tyler looks SO happy! You are so lucky to all have each other. Happy birthday Tyler!

Danalin said...

I can't believe he's 5! But we just celebrated 5 years married, so it makes sense. :) Good job on the very fun birthday party!

Laura said...

Zack loved the bday party and enjoyed seeing these pictures. Thanks for inviting him! We're glad he and Tyler are such good friends.