Last week Tyler started first grade. My goodness, does he every look grown up in this picture! My heart was still so sad to send him off that first day (and every day since), but at least this year I was less anxious for him and less fearful of the unknown. But most of all, I feel that this year he is much more ready to be in school a full day. I really hated full day kindergarten, and felt like kids that age weren't really ready to be away from home for that many hours.


That first day was full of first day jitters and excitement. After school, Tyler told me that after I left him in his classroom (only a few seconds after this picture was taken), he said he really wanted to cry. I told him that I did too. And hearing him tell me this made me want to cry even more.
But, we all made it through that first day, and that is cause for celebration- a "first day hooray!" party.
But, we all made it through that first day, and that is cause for celebration- a "first day hooray!" party. 
Complete with a trip to the ice cream shop!


3 comments:
Oh, Carrie. I get the BEST ideas from you - I am totally going to do a First Day Hooray party with Max next week (if you don't mind). I keep thinking of your post last year before Tyler went to Kindergarten - I really feel like I could just copy and paste your post because it is JUST how I feel. (I won't, though...but I might refer to it a bit.) I don't even have to do full day Kindergarten and I am still having such a hard time.
Tyler is so handsome and so BIG! First grade is lucky to have him.
What a sweetheart! I'm glad you celebrated this awesome milestone! Hooray for ice cream!
He is so sweet. And so are you! I love this post. Noah has full day kindergarten and I feel worried about it, but it's not 'til next year.
Post a Comment