This Christmas was definitely one of my favorites. We stayed home and didn't travel anywhere and yet we were surrounded by family. Last year John's brother and his family moved here and live only about 15 minutes away! That meant that we not only had instant family close by for the holidays, but it also meant that we had more reasons for grandparents to come to Texas too! And so that's how it went down. We were thrilled to have Nani and Papa come stay with us for the holidays.
I wanted to recap a few of our favorite moments for two reasons- one, because I wanted to document some of the fun activities we did and two, I'm trying to sell my parents on coming out next year! See how much fun we had mom and dad?! So I've split things up into a few posts just to make it more manageable for me. Here are some of our favorite activities in no particular order:
A visit to Frisco to watch their town square light show. Music, lights, trains, hot air balloons- doesn't get better than that.

A trip to the Bass Pro Shop to see their Winter Wonderland.

They had lots of games and activities and even a carousel.
And an opportunity to visit Santa. Funny side story: one of the interactive game displays was a rifle range with laser rifle guns, and next to it was a display of Red Ryder BB Guns. Tyler love it all. When it was finally his turn to talk to Santa, Tyler was asked what he wanted for Christmas. Much to mine and John's surprise, Tyler told Santa that he wanted a BB gun. I had to stifle my laughter and was so disappointed when Santa didn't tell him he'd shoot his eye out.

At home there was plenty of time for wrestles with Papa...



...and reading with Nani

...and fun games with everyone.

2 comments:
Is that a Disney version of "Headbands?!"
Oh man, if I could get family to come to us my life would be complete. I couldn't even get them to drive 40 minutes north when we lived in UT though, so I think 8 hours is out of the question.
Post a Comment