Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stop...hammer time


About a year ago John and Tyler attended their first Lowe's Build and Grow workshop. It was only mildly disastrous. At that time Tyler was a bit too young and could hardly concentrate on the task at hand. He was good for maybe one or two minutes, all the while hammering John's poor fingers. So we thought we'd wait a while and give it a try again.
Success!!!
I was so thrilled with his ability to concentrate, follow instructions, and stay on task. And boy was he ever thrilled with himself and his handiwork. He loves his pirate ship- it had it's maiden voyage in the bath tub that very night. And since John and Tyler head to either Lowe's or Home Depot almost every Saturday, I'm sure this will become a part of the routine.

Who looks more proud- John or Tyler?

12 comments:

Beth said...

The pictures are very cute. Looks like fun. But my favorite part is the matching shirts!

Emily said...

I love the look on John's face in that last pictures. Your boys are so handsome!

Arlene said...

Great pictures! Can't tell who is more proud, though.

Jaimi said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Impressed that Tyler has such eye-hand coordination and impressed that John is willing to risk holding the nail!

The tongue is hysterical!

Lisa M said...

Very cute, I didn't even know they had stuff like that.
Lisa

Susan said...

So, in about a year, those should be good for Owen. Good to know. I have seen the classes and totally wanted to sign him up, but I thought he might be a little to young. Thanks for saving our fingers! Looks like so much fun!

jenhatch said...

LOVE the tongue out in total concentration! Such a cute thing they can do together! I think I need to get Ava and Shayne in on those too!

Sharee said...

This is SO cute! Looks like Tyler is growing up to be just like his dad.

Laura said...

Zack and I were looking at pictures of Tyler on here today. Zack thought the pirate ship looked like a lot of fun to build! He says, "Tyler is very very cool."

Kristi said...

That video is the cutest thing ever! I love the support from Dad. You can tell Tyler is really into it. Watching this makes me want to have a little boy!! :)

Danalin said...

I've been meaning to have Ty do that with Max...but maybe waiting a few more months would be a good thing, huh? Man, Tyler is so cute, Carrie. I'm proud of his pirate ship too.

Kristina said...

You guys are so cute. Look forward to seeing you at Lowes...sometimes. Mostly it's just Logan and Daddy.