Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tyler

Tyler is so much fun and full of energy. Here is how I described him in an email to my sister in law recently: He is really taking to this whole "big brother gig." He is so cute, soft, and sweet. I love watching him interact with Robby. It's very tender. He is also quite helpful- thank heavens! Seriously, he puts things away, helps me find the missing pacifier, and is good at keeping Robby happy. I love when Robby is fussy and Tyler will go over to him and gently say, "It's okay Robby. Tyler is here." Tyler is also THE VERY BEST dishwasher emptier. I can't remember the last time I had to empty that thing by myself. He is so helpful and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him standing on a stool in my kitchen, separating silverware. SWEET!
Now if we could just teach Tyler what an inside voice is, we might be in business. He is so gosh darn LOUD, but that's in part due to the fact that he lives his life in a constant state of excitement. EVERYTHING is happy and exciting. He gets excited about everything from trips to Walmart to new underpants (can't say this doesn't excite me a little too). I guess it makes for a fun life with him around.


Last week I heard Tyler rummaging around in the coat closet. A few minutes later he emerged wearing this get up (complete with shoes, backpack, vest, and hat) and said, "now I'm a cool guy." I thought it was cute, but mostly I was proud that he put his shoes on by himself.


My good friend Jen had baby #3 a few weeks ago so we've had the pleasure of having Ava and Nolan over for a few play dates. It has been such a delight. Tyler and Ava go WAY back (see here), but it's been a little while since they last played together. They were adorable. Tyler doesn't usually play make-believe, but having a female influence around really changed that. They played house (so, so, so cute) and then decided to play camping. Tyler got backpacks for them both and pretended to pack up the tent and gear.
Then they "set up camp" and roasted marshmallows and looked at things in their binoculars. It was so fun to just sit back and watch.


During the drive home after one of our play dates, I overheard this conversation:
Ava: "Tyler, sometimes I love you."
Tyler: "Sometimes I love you too, Ava."
Ava: "Let's hold hands."
Tyler: "Okay."

Amazingly enough, I actually had my camera in the car and was able to snap this picture. I even got a little teary-eyed listening to this conversation because they were so completely sincere.
I love my Tyler Bear and can't believe how much joy and life life he brings to our family. He is a true joy!

3 comments:

jenhatch said...

and i too am SO glad you had your camera! Those pictures are ADORABLE! Thanks for saving me and taking them for me... AND it's good to know that Tyler is benefiting from another female influence in his life.

I'm SO gonna have Ava start unloading too. GREAT idea! And it's one of my least favorite things to do in the kitchen, so that works!

Emily said...

awww, he is so sweet. I love watching friendships develop at this age.

Arlene said...

What a honey. I fear Jaimi's response to this post, however. You're very brave! :)