Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Yes, John made it back from London just fine. It was a fast trip, but he was there long enough to see the highlights of London- Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, and he even made it out to Stonehenge. But of all those things, what was his favorite? This:

I think secretly he would love to have joined them for one of their club rides. He brought home a copy of their riding schedule. Do you blame him? I'm sure riding through some of that country side would be absolutely breathtaking.

Since his return, we've had a very difficult and disappointing week, but amidst it all, there have been a few things making me laugh. Here are a few:

*Tyler recently picked up on Mater's line from the movie Cars, and can now be caught every now and then saying, "Holy Shoot."

*Whenever I see one of Oprah's commercials for her "Big Give" show I picture my dad with a sarcastic grin on his face saying, "I think there's a God, but I know there's an Oprah."

*John and Tyler took their weekly trip out to Home Depot on Saturday. They came home with purple flowers that Tyler chose to plant in the yard. Cute.

*Two days later, however, the flowers were killed by a wicked frost and a bit of snow and ice (I know, it's March...in TEXAS), but that made for a fun day at the park the next day when Tyler and I had a "snowball fight" with some of the remaining ice patches. Tyler loved it.

*The other night after John and I tucked Ty in bed and gave him his hugs and kisses, we heard him yell as we are walking down the stairs, "I lothe you guys!" Tyler still can't say the "v"or "f" sound, and yes, I did melt!


2 comments:

Emily said...

i'm sorry about your disappointing week! but at least sweet little boys help make up for it. how i wish my little boy would say he loathes me! heh heh heh...no really, he's never said "i love you".

trips to home depot are the BEST. i can't wait to buy flowers in...well, june probably, when it's finally warm enough here!

Ammon said...

LOVE the Oprah quote and the " I 'loathe' you!" Too cute!