Friday, January 20, 2012

New Year's Eve and demolition day

We spent New Year's Eve at home watching a movie and eating pizza, and then just before bed we rang in the new year with poppers in the drive way- never mind that it wasn't even 8:00!


Then on New Year's day we started a new tradition- demolition day! I think this is the boy's favorite new tradition and I'm pretty sure that next year's ginger bread houses will be built with a different purpose in mind.

And I've already heard comments from them like, "next year let's see whose is the strongest and we'll try to knock them over with our remote control trucks!" or "next year let's drop them off the roof!" or "next year let's back over them with the car!"

Oh well, it may be destructive, but at least it's memorable.

4 comments:

Jerry and Sarah said...

That's awesome! I love reading about all your holiday traditions. So fun. Also funny how similar Hayden and Tyler are with their love of Legos - then again, what 7yr old boy doesn't love Legos right??

Emily said...

That is the greatest idea EVER. I am so doing demolition day this year.

Kristi said...

What a great idea!! What a great way to get rid of all those goodies that just linger on my counter tempting me. I think that would even be a hit in a house of girls! :)

Arlene said...

I love it!!!!