Thursday, February 21, 2008

Weekend Wrap up...

This past weekend, we drove down to San Antonio to be with my sister, Steph. We left Thursday after John got home from work, which meant we spent our evening on Valentine's Day driving in the car for 5 hours. When we stopped for dinner at Wendy's, I was just glad that I was there because we were "on the road" and not because my husband considered dinner at Wendy's to be a "romantic evening out."


Oh well, at least Tyler had a romantic meal with his sweetheart. Check out Jen's blog for the whole story (the pictures say it all).


Minus the long drive, we had a GREAT time at "Aunt Stethie's" house. Tyler loved playing with his cousins. They wrestled, jumped on the trampoline, played super heroes, and ran around outside. Tyler also really enjoyed Baby Bo...I did too.














On Friday we took the kiddos to the San Antonio rodeo and livestock show, and you know what, we never even saw one single animal! We spent our time watching these 4 boys laugh and giggle on all of the carnival rides.











(Check out the look of terror on the face of the girl in front of Tyler and his cousin Trey- a stark contrast to the satisfying grins on their faces!)



Steph and I got in on some of the rides too. We decided that it was our duty to ride this death contraption after John and Peter were told they were both too tall to ride it. I think we figured SOMEBODY had to ride it...it might as well be us. Plus, mom's don't get to do stuff like that very often. Well, it was a big mistake. We both screamed our guts out while this thing rocketed us around and around, and then we were both completely nauseous afterward. Am I seriously getting too old for this kind of thing???


The best part of the ride was that once we were launched 100 feet in the air, we paused at the top. While dangling by our harnesses (which happened to have duct tape on them...causing me to think twice before getting on that death trap), I watched as John and Tyler got separated from each other. Tyler was running around and John was scrambling to find him. I watched the whole thing play out right before my eyes- neither of them finding each other and Tyler getting more and more lost by the minute. I made a desperate attempt to yell to John, but of course he couldn't hear me from literally 100 feet in the air. I don't know what was more scary- the ride or watching my son get lost in a crowd. I suppose you NEVER stop being a mom- not for one minute.

All in all it was a great weekend with good food, good times, and good laughs. I have the best family and I'm so glad we still have so much fun when we get together.

By the way, props to Steph. She spent the week prior to our visit recovering from the flu and now she's recovering from a monster ear infection. Her doctor wasn't too pleased that I talked her into riding that "flip you upside down death trap of a ride." Sorry Steph- thanks for taking one for the team!

6 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

Looks like some down home country fun! Is Steph in Texas too? Where's the rest of your family?

barterboutique said...

We LOVE the Rodeo! Did you try any of the fried concoctions? At the Houston Rodeo they sell fried Oreos, fried pickles, fried Dr. Pepper, fried Snickers, etc.

Emily said...

duct tape on a ride?! doesn't sound good. looks like loads of fun though, love the neckerchiefs (is that what they're called?!).

scary about tyler and john though, that would definitely freak me out.

Danalin said...

I really can't believe that you got on that ride after seeing the duct tape. You are one brave woman! I probably would have done the same, though. I also was pretty amazed by you being able to see and try to yell to John about where Tyler was while at the top of that ride! I take it they found each other eventually. Nothin' like time with sisters and cousins!

Arlene said...

Ouuuu...Jaimi's gonna be mad!

Jaimi said...

Arlene, you read my mind!I was trying to behave, but since you gave me the go ahead....(;