Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sweet Memories

That Christmas was the best I've ever had, and nothing will ever top it. I loved the quiet, soft moments holding my sweet baby boy. We spent almost two and a half weeks in Utah waiting for our Interstate Compact paperwork to be completed. New York wanted to make it next to impossible to bring our baby back home, but with a little help from some smart attorneys, things got straightened out and we were cleared for take off. I dreaded flying with a 2 1/2 week old, but Ty did great...much better than his nervous mommy. I glared at anyone who so much as coughed in our general vicinity. We made it home to New York with our family of three. It was fun returning to church. The members of our ward were SO confused. I had only been there twice before Ty was born. I had several people look at me funny and then ask, "I didn't think you were pregnant?" We had a bit of explaining to do.

2 comments:

Emily said...

i love the look on john's face in that picture. "i have a kid, he's awesome" is what i imagine him saying there for some reason.

Heather said...

What a dang cute family!